Berts Towing, Inc. is a 24-hour, 365 day a year business which has been serving Northwest Indiana and the Chicagoland area since 1956. We are currently looking to expand our team and are looking for HEAVY DUTY TRANSPORT DRIVERS.
Successful candidates must have
- Class A CDL
- Ability to drive a 13-speed Manual Transmission
- Verifiable mechanic experience
- A flexible schedule
- Ability to operate industrial equipment (Fork-lifts, skid steers, wheel loaders, man lifts, boom lifts, etc.)
All candidates must be able to meet FMCSA/DOT requirements for Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers; including drug-test, DOT Physical, and have a clean driving record.
Primary duties include
- Forecasting and scheduling of preventive maintenance.
- Operation of a company owned Tractor/Trailer
- Transport vehicles and equipment (industrial equipment, sea containers, generators, etc.)
- Assist on Heavy Duty accident recoveries
- Associated tasks
Additional duties include light and heavy duty towing as needed, basic vehicle maintenance, stocking supplies and cleaning the shop.
Successful candidates must possess a strong work ethic and be a self-manager; demonstrating self-control and an ability to manage time, prioritize goals, decide what must be done, and be accountable to complete necessary tasks. Good customer service and communication skills are a must.
Minimum 1 year experience in commercial driving is a must, and previous towing experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Dependent upon experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit Sharing
- 10-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Home most nights. (Occasional overnight trips, drivers are housed in a hotel)